Dave Seeman has been an award-winning golf instructor in the Wilmington, Delaware area for nearly 20 years. He learned the art of teaching golf under two “Top 100 Instructors”, Fred Griffin and Phil Rodgers at the Grand Cypress Academy of Golf in Orlando, Florida.
Dave started his teaching in the area at Wilmington Country Club in 1992 and remained as their Head Teaching Instructor for ten years. For the next seven years he was invited to begin academies at both White Clay Creek and also Back Creek. He was also the lead Instructor at White Manor Country Club for two years.
Dave has been a fixture in local instruction and has earned may accolades including:
- Philadelphia’s PGA Section Teacher of the Year in 2000.
- 2002 and 2009 “Best Teacher in the State of Delaware” by Golf Digest and one of the “Top 25 Instructors in the Philadelphia Area” by Philadelphia Golf Monthly.
He played college golf for Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida and then played the mini-tour before focusing on teaching the game he has played since he was ten years old.
Dave is dedicated to making the student feel comfortable in the learning process of the golf swing. He works with the student’s strengths and weaknesses and creates a learning environment that is fun and relaxing. “Let’s face it, golf is the hardest game that you will ever play, but it also the most rewarding”, says Dave. He is eager to bring his teaching skills to many of the SSGS followers!
- PPGS Certified Instructor, Level III
- Class A Professional, PGA of America
- Director of The Don Trahan Academy of Golf
- PPGS Certified Instructor for Online Golf Lessons
Dave offers both private lessons and group instruction. As the Director of The Don Trahan Academy of Golf, he often holds golf schools in cities across the U.S. and Canada. Dave also specializes in teaching:
• Intermediate Golfers
• Low Handicap players
• Young Children (6-12 years old)
• High School Team Golfers
• College Team Golfers
• Golfers with physical limitations